Sunday, July 31, 2016

London welcomes the Clipper fleet home

Back in 2013 I was on the banks of the Thames watching the Clipper fleet head out to undertake a circumnavigation.

In those three years those yachts, raced by a non-professional crew, have been round the world not once but twice.

It does make me wonder what I've done in that time in comparison! A big congratulations to all those that have been involved in any leg.

It is always impressive to see Tower Bridge lift to allow a fleet of 70 foot racing yachts to sail by the Tower of London, but it was clearly much more special for friends and family of crew:

It's fair to say that lots of waving was going on:

Then they headed off the prize giving ceremonies and I headed off on my bike for this year's London's Free Cycle event.

No comments: